Sunday, November 28, 2010

Running in a freezer

In March earlier in 2010, at the end of a long, harsh snowbound winter, just when I was about to start enjoying the first days of spring and later on summer running, I had to give up due to injury.

Many weeks and months of frustration passed, while I grew less fit and put on weight.

Now I'm making a tentative comeback, running slowly, using small steps, paying extra care not to get injured again, and hoping the nagging pain will slowly subside. Today I've managed my longest run since close to eight months - 70 minutes, almost a long run. It went quite well, actually, better than expected considering the nagging pain refuses to subside.

So it's back to Sunday long runs - and back to frozen weather. For me it seems long runs have become synonymous to freezing weather, as if the warm season never was. Mercifully, the ground is not yet covered in snow, although that will most likely change, too, in the coming few days. Welcome, to a long, cold winter of long, frozen runs.

No comments: