Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Which marathon?

In my 'How to run a marathon' series (see the Subjects list) I had suggested a period of 8 months as the optimum interval between successive marathons, or to build up comfortably, i.e. without undue pressure, from an easy training schedule to a marathon.

So, in this new series, Which marathon?, I will do a bit of research about those marathons coming up in 8 months' time and feature one of them in some detail. This takes a bit of time, and soon it will be time to go to bed, so the first article in this series will have to wait just a little bit more.

In the meantime, until I carry out the research for June 2011 on your behalf, dear reader, I suggest you start training for it. You can pick up the schedule in How to run a marathon, starting from your present level of fitness. Number 15 in that series contains the entire suggested training schedule.

Enjoy your running, and do your best to avoid getting injured!

No comments: