Saturday, September 13, 2008

Collect 10 pounds from each player

When we were young, we wished we were older so that we could do the things that grown-ups do. When we are old, we wish we were younger, so that we can do the things that young people do. Somewhere in the middle, there must be a happy medium, but it lasts just a handful of years.

I'm now past that medium, and the numbers are beginning to get a bit scary. But there's no need to dread each birthday, "being one year older", which is actually untrue as on the "happy birthday" we're only one day older than the day before. In fact, there is actually good cause for celebration as the numbers get ever bigger.

I've decided to turn this into a competition, or rather a challenge. I'm already making a collection of marathon runs - up till now I've managed nine, and I'm aiming to reach as high a number as possible. Each new completed marathon is another feather in my cap (I'll be writing more on this subject soon).

Now, I'm working on another type of collection - years of age... I already consider it quite an achievement to have reached the age of 46, and the count gets more impressive with each birthday. Imagine if I were to reach the age of 90 - now that would be a great achievement. But there's no big hurry. I'll just do my best to enjoy the process.

No comments: