Tuesday, September 30, 2008

No Champions League, No Worry

Over here in Hoeilaart, Belgium, it's possible to watch various TV channels that show Champions League matches - but most of them give us the same match, generally involving Liverpool. Yuck! However the other week, surprisingly enough, I was lucky to stumble on Juventus' return to the European elite, which ended happily with a one-nil victory over Zenit St Petersburg.

No such luck tonight. No Juve match on show, but I had been half hoping I would not have to watch their match against Borisov of Bulgaria. Their play has become so irritating that I prefer to watch just the result as it unfolds, on the internet, without enduring the pain of watching the motions. It gives me the occasion to blog instead.

So now I can inform you, dear reader, through this blog, that last night I staged a dramatic walk-out from an event, in reaction to a speech that was underway. However, try as I did throughout today, I couldn't for the life of me remember what the speech was about, or even the nature of the event from which I walked out. You see, I had only been dreaming that I staged a walk-out, and that's the only part I can remember. The reason and the circumstances shall forever remain a mystery...

There, you see, at the half-time whistle we're losing 2-1 against Bate Borisov. Against who??? Ah, but they're champions of Bulgaria, and we're only Juve. They should make a new TV advert (sorry about the grammar): "No Champions League, No Worry".

No comments: