Saturday, November 15, 2008

Autumn's last gasp


The Cinquantenaire park in Brussels, just a few hundred metres away from the office, is where I do most of my running during the mid-day break. Today Saturday afternoon, on a typically grey and grizzly Belgian November day, the lawn was completely covered with fallen leaves, offering a wonderful pre-winter spectacle.

The fact that I'm appreciating even the grey and grizzly weather here is to me a clear indication that I'm beginning to grow fond of this country.

Incidentally, today it's exactly four years that I have been living in Belgium...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your 4th Anniversary living in Belgium. Wishing you many more happy days.
Prosit also for the wonderful and poetic way your described autumn. Your picture says it all.